Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blog Award?

I'm back!

And I'm interrupting this series of guest posts (which, hopefully, you've been enjoying, or at least reading) because I have been nominated for a blog award.

Weird as it sounds, it's true. My friend Ipshita nominated me for the Liebster Award. You can read more about the Award and its rules on her blog, Euphoniour, but basically what I have to do is answer 11 questions which she set for me, and then nominated some more people to answer some more questions. I don't understand how you actually win this award, but I like Ipshita's questions, and I want to answer them, so here goes.



1. If you could bring anyone back from the dead, who would it be, and why?

Probably King Richard III. I love him, and I feel bad that he had his head smashed in when he was only 32, but that's not the only reason. I'd really like to know what happened to the Princes in the Tower - it's one of the greatest mysteries of all time, and one of my personal favourites - and if anyone knows, it's Richard.

In fictional characters, Dobby. Definitely Dobby.

2. What era would you like to live in, and why?

The early 20th century. For many reasons. It's far enough in history that not many people living remember it, and yet close enough to the present era that modern inventions were starting to appear and people weren't dying of the plague (Other things, certainly, but not the plague). People lived like they do on Downton Abbey, the plane was invented, it was a great time for women's rights, Russia still had an Imperial Family, and most importantly, two World Wars happened.

Strange as it may seem, wars are actually my favourite part of history. Though it is a horrible, terrible thing, war always seems to bring out the best in people. And there is nothing better than a well-told wartime story. 

3. Which character from a book or TV series would you date?

This is such a hard question. Perhaps the most difficult question I've ever had to answer (Apart from 'Who's your favourite royal couple?'). Because every single time I read a book or watch a TV show, I fall in love with one of the characters. It doesn't take much - one cleverly placed quip or a handsome face, and I'm smitten. As a result, the answer to this particular question changes every month or so. 

At present, I'd have to say, from a book, Thomas of Hookton from The Grail Quest, and from a TV series, Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey

4. Why did you start this blog?

Because my previous one was rubbish, and I was thoroughly ashamed that I could have ever been that stupid. 

5. Describe your blog in six words.

On my passport, it says Poppy. 

[This has nothing to do with my blog whatsoever, but at the moment, I am absolutely obsessed with Almost Royal

For context, because I'm sure that most of you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, watch this video from about the 4 minute mark. In fact, if you have the time to spare, watch the whole thing because it is absolutely brilliant. Poppy Carlton is my hero.]

6. If you could say something to your younger self, what would it be?

Do a better job of brushing your teeth, because somehow you end up with a lot of cavities and your dentist hates you. Also, no matter what you think, you don't get any less awkward as you grow older. Even as an adult, there are 14 year-olds with more poise and confidence than you.

7. What motivates you?

Deadlines. And the desire to be better than other people, but mostly deadlines.

8. What is the best movie you have ever seen, and why?

The Lion King, without a trace of doubt. It is the best movie that Disney has made, and literally everything about it is flawless. It has a fabulous troupe of people doing the voices, great, great soundtrack, Shakespearean influences, an amazing love story, a powerful, positive message, and the best animated lions that I have seen in my life.

9. What is the first thing you notice about people?

Their accent. Or, if I'm in their house, what the hand soap in their bathroom smells like. 

10. What are the three features you admire most in people?

Intelligence, kindness, and individuality. 

11. If you could have lunch with any person in history, who would it be, and what would you talk about?

Definitely, one hundred percent, the Duchess of Cambridge. I'd touch her hair and tell her how awesome she is, and then we'd talk about George and Charlotte. Well, she'd talk - I'd just stare at her, dumbstruck.

Or, if the Duchess of Cambridge doesn't technically qualify as a 'person in history' because she's from right now, I'd have lunch with Elizabeth Woodville. And then put poison in her soup, because I'm evil that way.

~

Thanks to Ipshita, for giving me this set of questions and something to do with my time. Her guest post from my blog (I won't tell you what it's about, because spoilers, but I think you'll love it) is coming out this Saturday, so do read that.

I have very few friends to begin with, and even fewer friends with a blog, and because Ipshita nominated practically all of them in her post, I don't have anyone left to nominate. So, I won't. I will end this branch of the challenge here, just like Edward, Earl of Warwick ended the Plantagenet dynasty in the male line by... well, dying. 

I'll leave you with that cheerful thought.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment