Saturday, July 27, 2013

When Will Everyone Stop Talking About The Royal Baby?

Or rather, when will I stop talking about the royal baby?

In my defence, Prince George (Or Baby George, or His Royal Highness, Prince George (Alexander Louis) of Cambridge, or whatever you want to call him) is not even a week old. I've spent more time than a week talking about the Catching Fire trailer or how I once nearly got full in a Maths exam. Compared to those things, the birth of the heir to the throne who will someday marry someone who is prettier and has better dress sense than his mother is a pretty big deal. I should get to talk about it for a month. At least.

On YouTube, which I transitioned to once Prince George had been born, and shown to the public, and named, and then hidden away, Maureen Johnson made her video as the last person filling in for John Green during his nearly two month long paternity leave, which is a rather unfair amount of time seeing as Prince William only gets two weeks and the child which he is going to help bring up during that time will someday be King.

Oh, this just struck me! What if Alice Green marries Prince George and becomes his consort? They're the right age for each other, even!
I ship it.

Reverting to what I was writing about, my favourite of the people making videos for John was Craig WheezyWaiter, whose video you can view here. Also, One Direction released the music video for their new single, which I watched repeatedly on Wednesday and Thursday before getting bored of it and wondering why they were already making a movie about the band, seeing as it hadn't even been around four five years and there was no way to know whether it would even survive that long, let alone a movie with the same name as a Backstreet Boys album (I didn't know that. I found out when I Googled it).

Which got me thinking about whether they'd make a movie about Prince George. They already have one about the Queen, appropriately titled "The Queen" and one about young Queen Victoria and one about William and Kate (Actually, two about William and Kate). And if they don't make a movie, I hope that Prince George meets the press as soon as he can stand. Sometimes, I watch William meeting the press as a child, and it always makes me happy. Always.

For some reason, I'm continuing to call Prince George Prince George. It must be because he's still new. In a few weeks, it'll be plain ol' George, just like his parents,Will and Kate.

Here's the future King for you.


N

No comments:

Post a Comment