Saturday, September 28, 2013

Unfortunately, Boggarts Don't Exist

"In this post, I promise that there shall be no mention of the royals, even though they were at Balmoral this week, where William and Kate attended a service and Prince Philip met Prince George for the first time and probably taught him how to swear (Philip taught George, not the other way around)!
But no. Not a word."

This was the beginning of what was meant to be this week's post. I typed that out on Monday or Tuesday. Trust the royals to make me go back on my word.

William and Kate have been granted a new conjugal coat of arms, which basically means that their individual coats of arms have been combined to signify marriage, two years and one child after their wedding. That is a picture, and if anyone is interested, the Daily Mail has broken it down and analysed it. Link.


I don't have anything to say. I don't understand why coats of arms are needed. I looks good though. Maybe Prince William can make it the lock-screen background of his iPhone. I wonder if he's upgraded it to iOS 7 yet.

Which brings me to the topic of today's post, but before that, Prince George's christening, October 23. Keep your day open. I'll be tweeting about it most of the time, so you can follow me @JustAsSaneAsMe.

Right. iOS 7. I don't like it. It's stupid, and childish, and everything is different, but for some reason, people love it. Everyone who I see who has an iPhone has iOS 7. But I can't stand it. And I know why that is.

Because it has changed.

Of all the things in the world that annoy me, and a lot of things do annoy me, change annoys me the most. I absolutely detest it. When something changes, whether for the better or for the worse, I either refuse to accept it or go off into a huge tirade. I don't know why that is. Here is a longer list of things that annoy me:
1. Change.
2. Crowds.
3. Falling sick.
4. Slow learners, like that girl in my French class who just cannot, cannot say 'Je m'appelle' but who probably won't take offence at this post because she doesn't know my name or that I exist, let alone that I have a blog in which I call her annoying.
5. My brother.

I've been reading Insurgent lately, where fear landscapes play an important role, and it made me think about how much importance fictional characters give to fear, and overcoming it (Another prominent example being Harry Potter and Boggarts). People in real life don't have many fears, and if they do, they aren't often faced with them. I don't know what my greatest fear is; death, probably. But a lot of people get annoyed by things, and they come into contact with these annoying things quite often. And sometimes it can be worse to find something annoying than to find it scary, especially if the thing in question is a person. It would be a lot less rude to tell a person that you find them frightening than to tell them that you think that they're annoying.

Boggarts need to evolve so that they take the form of the thing that annoys a person the most, rather than the thing that frightens them. And there shouldn't be a spell; the only way to get rid of this Boggart should be by sitting through a pre-determined amount of time of that girl trying and failing to say 'Je m'appelle' over and over again., until it doesn't annoy you anymore. Or until you shoot the Boggart out of frustration.

Unfortunately, Boggarts don't exist.

I'm just going to make that the post title and stop writing. The word Boggart has lost all meaning to me.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment