Monday, July 21, 2014

Prince George : Only A Few Hours To Go

Depending on what part of the world you stay in, there is either an entire day, or ONLY A FEW HOURS TO GO UNTIL PRINCE GEORGE'S BIRTHDAY! AAHHHH!!!!


Although, if you're actually Prince George, a) you can't read this because you're one, and b) your face probably looks more along the lines of this:


But we still love you.

I don't think I've been as excited about any of my own birthdays ever as I am about this first one of George's. If you are as excited as me, here are some things that you can do to either distract yourself (but not TOO much) or to convert that excitement into something worthwhile.

Write Prince George a letter 

It's very easy to write a letter to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (on behalf of Prince George). Their address is:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Kensington Palace
London W8 4PU
England
According to the Official Website of the British Monarchy, when writing to a member of the Royal Family, "the formal opening is 'Sir' or 'Madam'. Other people prefer to open their letter with 'Your Majesty' or 'Your Royal Highness' and end it with 'Yours sincerely'." It would do you well to follow these guidelines, because, after all, this is royalty we're talking about (Although, who would know it from the way in which we all - me included - refer to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as William and Kate, offhand, like we're talking about our cousins or someone.).

This advice maybe (definitely) comes a bit late, because there is no way a letter written now will reach the birthday boy by tomorrow. But it will reach them eventually, and I'm sure the Duke and Duchess won't mind. And someone will probably send you a very nice reply, which you can frame or stick in your scrapbook.

I sent my letter out about two weeks ago. This is the first time I've written to the Royal Family, so I spent about two days just researching how to write it and choosing the most appropriate stationary. My friends will tell about the struggle I had with the post office closing at 11 am, and then having to wake up early and run to get the letter posted before college started. Anyway, the letter is probably London bound as we speak (Or in London, I don't know). Fingers crossed that I get a reply. 

Read What Would Kate Do?

What Would Kate Do?, run by the brilliant Christine is fast becoming one of my favourite blogs on the Internet. Of course, the top position still goes to Order of Splendor, which has a special place in my heart for introducing me to dear Estelle and other royal babies other than Prince George, and also for having a reader's vote for their favourite tiaras. But I read What Would Kate Do? whenever I can, and right now there are the most fantastic set of posts about little George's first birthday. #HappyBirthdayCheeks

What Would Kate Do? Click this sentence to find out.

Make a blog about Prince George

And if you can, make it better than this one.

In all seriousness, though, there is quite a shortage of people on the Internet writing about Prince George. Not if you move in the right (by which I mean, royal) circles, but if you don't, the Internet is made up mainly of people who talk about current major political or social events, or just fangirls, who either write about fictional fandoms or celebrities who are not royals. All of this, of course, might not be true, because I'm basing it on an empirical basis, with no concrete evidence whatsoever, but it can never hurt to post MORE about Prince George on the Internet than there already is. He is the most adorable baby in the world.

Either start your own blog, which is fairly simple, write a post on an existing blog, which is even simpler, or better still, write for an already established website. Royal Central, for instance, is looking for guest bloggers at the moment. They're a good team to work with; and I don't just say this because I'm a part of it.

But if you just can't take the excitement any longer, here is a sweet video I discovered the other week and that I just haven't been able to stop watching.


I love the Horrible Histories books, but I didn't know that they had been made into a TV series. And now that I do, I just can't stop watching it. In fact, I've played it so many times, that my brother has learnt all the Kings and Queens of England just by listening to this song over and over again.

And although this might only seem like four minutes of distraction, I can guarantee that just by clicking the links and watching the videos in the Suggested Videos column, you will be entertained for at least a couple of hours. Even more, probably. [DISCLAIMER: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE AN EXAM OR AN ASSIGNMENT DUE TOMORROW.]

Actually, don't do anything if you have an exam or assignment due tomorrow. Other than prepare for it.

ONLY 7 HOURS TO GO IN BRITISH TIME!!!

N

Images: AFP/Getty Images 

No comments:

Post a Comment