Saturday, May 9, 2015

Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte

They named their daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.

The name, of course, is a tribute to her paternal grandparents Prince Charles and the late Princess of Wales, and her great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth. Which is all very well when you belong to a regular family, but coming from William and Kate, I'm a little disappointed. The Royal Family thrives because of its thousand year history, and in that time there have been countless strong women who have ruled and fought battles and generally been awesome - Charlotte could have been named for any of them. Instead, she was named for members of her immediate family. Two of whom are still alive.

Also, George and Charlotte (as in 'The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children George and Charlotte') just reminds me of King George III and his wife, Queen Charlotte.

Nevertheless, Charlotte is the name that they have chosen to give her, and so Charlotte is the name that I must accept and grow to love. Charlotte. Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte.

Anyway, Charlotte and her family are in Norfolk, where they will be staying at Anmer Hall and out of the public eye for the rest of the summer. Apparently, the Cambridges are enjoying "nice private family time". Private though it may be, I doubt that life with an infant and a toddler like Prince George is very "nice" - William and Kate probably haven't slept in days,

I've already written them a letter with congratulations and best wishes, and now I have nothing to do until the release of Charlotte's first official picture, which is when I'll change the desktop background on all my devices to include her.

It's not weird. It's not weird at all.

~

I'm going on vacation next week, so a few good friends of mine have agreed to guest blog for me. Their posts are about the things that they like to write about - I only asked that they mention some thing, some where that is in some way related to royalty. Any kind of royalty. Their posts will be up every Saturday, so keep coming back for that.

Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment