Saturday, May 2, 2015

May 2, 2015

He hasn't even been born yet, and I already hate the new Royal Baby.

For one, he (or she, but for convenience and to back my own bet that the baby will be a little Prince, I'm going to keep saying 'he') is so late, that not only do I not share a birthday with the Royal Baby, I don't even share a birth month with him anymore.

I've complained about this many times before. In fact, just this morning, I started to write a blog post about how late the Royal Baby was and how it's inconveniencing everyone. It was set to be posted today.

And then, like the entitled little brother of the future King that he is, the Royal Baby chose to be born today. 

But Kate is in the hospital, and if all goes well, Royal Baby #2 will be born today, and no matter how many sleepless nights he caused me, I am so excited. 

I'll keep you updated.

Update: Just to clarify, I don't actually hate the Royal Baby. I could never hate anyone who could potentially look as cute as George looks right now. 

Update: The fastest news source is obviously Twitter. There are a score of reporters and photographers who are actually outside Lindo Wing, and even more Royal watchers, who, although they are sitting at home, are filled with delightful facts about past Royal births and possible baby names.

Of course, if you are even remotely interested in the Royal Baby, you absolutely must follow Kensington Palace on Twitter. They were the first to tweet when George was born, and also when he was named George, so you can be sure that they'll do it this time around too.

Update: In the last two hours, there have been twenty-five thousand tweets about #RoyalBaby. Five of them were from me.

Update: I was wrong. It's a girl.

IT'S A GIRL!!

I'm so exhausted that I can't even be sufficiently excited about this.

Congratulations to William and Kate and George.
Update: The baby was born at 8:24 am, and weighs 8 pounds and 3 ounces. She is fourth in line to the throne, after her grandfather, her father, and big brother George.

And she already has a Wikipedia page, bless her. She's not even half an hour old.

Update: 


(I've been wanting to use this Harry Potter reference from the minute I found out that Kate was in labour, but it all happened so quickly that I didn't get a chance.)

Update: Oh. William's leaving.

At least, I think he is. To get George.

Update: He is.

We've been told he's gone to get George, but that he also might not get him if he's not at his best for the media.

Update: IT'S GEORGE!

HE'S HERE!


AND HE'S WAVING!
HIS HAIR IS SO CUTE.

WILLIAM JUST GAVE HIM A KISS, WHAT A GOOD BOY GEORGE IS.

SO WELL BEHAVED.

WE ALL LOVE GEORGE.

Well, I do, anyway. No matter how many younger sisters he has.

Update: George has gone home, apparently. It's a wonder no one saw him leave (or did he use a back entrance?)

Either way, there is talk that William and Kate and Baby Cambridge will be leaving the hospital today, but closer to 7 pm. Sky News seems to be an excellence source for videos, so if my live stream fails again, like it does every time some thing important is happening with the Cambridges, I'll have to rely on that.

Update: Excellent news. The Cambridges minus George are going to be leaving the hospital even earlier than predicted (in around ten minutes from now) and I've managed to get a live stream going! So far it's just those Lindo Wing doors that I once loved but have now grown to hate, but I can see people moving around inside.

Update: Someone just came out! It's not them - some sort of aide. This suspense is killing me.

Update: My hands are shaking. I've refreshed my Twitter feed nearly fifty times in the last minute. Come on!

Update: She's here! It's the new Princess!

And she is the most precious little thing. 
Update: They went back in, and then came back out and now they've all gone home.

And I'm exhausted. It's been a long twelve hours.

Now to sleep. And when I wake up tomorrow, William and Kate will probably announce their daughter's name, and then I can write them a letter saying congratulations and then they'll retire to their Palace and this will all finally be over.

Happy Birthday, Princess of Cambridge. I'll see you at your Christening.

N


Note: This is breaking news, so to speak, so obviously I do not have all the information at once. This post will be updated as and when I learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment