Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sigh.

I have nothing to write about this week.
Sigh.

In a moment of surprising technological know-how, I had a subscription box added to my blog. It's on your right, so do subscribe. If you feel like.

J. K. Rowling's new book 'A Casual Vacancy' came out this Thursday. I haven't read it yet because I didn't preorder it and I find it in the book stores near me, but I shall have it by next week and I shall finish reading it  by two Saturdays from today.
I'm looking forward to that.



Also, I've just finished reading Life, the Universe and Everything, the third book in the Hitchhiker's series.



It's a great book. The best bit is Marvin's lullaby, How I Hate The Night.

Now the world has gone to bed,
Darkness won't engulf my head,
I can see by infra-red,
How I hate the night.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
Try to count electric sheep,
Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.

I bought myself a new journal on Tuesday, and I've begun to write in it already. I'm a compulsive journal writer and record my life in notebooks by volume.



This is Volume VII.

So, if you have ever wondered what I like the most in the world (which is not something you would wonder), it's books. I've spent a lifetime building up my collection, and there is nothing I would rather have with me at any moment than a good book.

Unless the moment were a zombie apocalypse. Then I'd rather have a machine gun.
Enjoy your weekend!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment