Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Is what the Duchess of Cambridge's condition is called.

I don't know it existed, and I'm sure neither did the rest of the world, but when I typed the letters 'hy' into my Google search bar, the first result that came up was Hyperemesis Gravidarum.

The Kate Effect really is amazing.

Anyway, five days after the big announcement, I've been coping pretty well. The reason I say coping is because after the initial excitement wore off on Monday, I just felt like Suri.
(Yes, I regularly read Suri's Burn Book. No, I am not ashamed of it.)

I took me a while, but I finally found the reason. For the last year and a half of my life, the first thing I did after waking up in the morning was brush my teeth.
The second thing was to Google the Duchess of Cambridge to see if she was pregnant.
Infact, I'd Google that so many times, I even created a keypad shortcut for Duchess of Cambridge.

And now I can't, anymore. I've just lost a big part of my life. And that makes me sad.

But then, yesterday morning, the Duchess was discharged from hospital.

Just look at her. She looks so happy.
And just seeing her so happy, and seeing Prince William so happy, made me feel happy for them too.
It made me realise that I still have so many royal events to look forward to; this child being born, Prince Charles ascending the throne, Prince Harry getting engaged and..... so many things, that I can't even think of them all.

I know it matters very little to them, but I wish William and Kate all the best for the next year and the rest of their lives.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment