Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Surprise Blog Post!

A friend asked me if I was going to write a post because of the current event in Netherlands, and I thought, why not? Of course, I will combine it with an update on Saturday's post and an announcement.

Yesterday, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands announced that she was going to abdicate in favour of her son Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange. Willem-Alexander will be the first King of the Netherlands in more than a hundred years, so it's going to be interesting to see whether having a man rule the country makes any difference. Watch closely, Mr. Cameron. (Although, if you think about it, for the last two centuries, England too has been ruled mainly by women.)

I have never seen a coronation before, so I am massively excited for this one. The only thing I'm slightly apprehensive about is the Princess of Orange. Is the world ready for Queen Maxima yet?

Seen here in Brunei wearing something oddly reminiscent of The Man with The Yellow Hat
Oh god. No.

On Sunday, less than 24 hours after I'd made Part II available to the Internet, I saw this picture of Princess Letizia, meeting foregin dignitaries in what I can only assume is Felipe Varela,


and I wondered why it looked so familiar. 


Naomi Watts at the Golden Globes. She's playing Diana about a new movie about Princess Diana.

Finally, I shall be taking a month off from blogging effective February the twenty-third because I have exams then. And if Queen Elizabeth dies between now and the last week of February, there shall be no post in her honour, because I will probably type all of the month's posts before hand, leaving time for me to study.

That's it.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment