Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Grandfather Died

What the title says. So, on Saturday, I flew out for his funeral. I was there until last night. It was not fun. Funerals rarely are.

I just realised what a phony this makes me seem like, always having reasons to get out of writing on Saturdays. Oh, I couldn't write because my exam results came out. Oh, my grandfather died. But these aren't excuses! Things just happen to happen around the weekend.

Life is strange. I understand that people die, grandparents especially so, but sometimes I believe that they will live forever. This assumption is bolstered by the fact that Queen Elizabeth has been living (and ruling) forever, but if everyone was Queen Elizabeth... Well, I'd hate them all. Also, there would be a lot of confusion everywhere. Point is, not every can live forever. People die. It's the circle of life.

*starts to hum Circle of Life*

I don't know why I wrote this post. It doesn't contain an interesting story (What did you expect?), I don't offer any useful advice (Ha! As if!), and there aren't any pictures (if you absolutely must, here is the link to a picture of the Duchess of Cambridge). I just felt like it, I suppose.

Next week will be the Diamond Jubilee of the immortal Queen's coronation, and possibly Kate's last public appearance before the royal baby is born. More importantly it'll be the first time in months that I'll see all the British royals together. But don't worry. It's on a Sunday, so Saturday's post should proceed as planned. Don't buy it if I say something like 'Oh, I couldn't write because I was looking at pictures of the coronation service.' Because I probably wasn't.

*starts to hum Can You Feel The Love Tonight*

No comments:

Post a Comment