Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Did Someone Say Tiaras?

I can't think why I decided to write on Tuesdays as well as Saturdays.

Every month or so, for the last few months, The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor has been having polls, where readers vote for their favourite tiaras in each of the major categories of tiaras (Fringe, Big Gun, various gemstones), that get added to a list; the list of Reader's Ultimate Tiaras. I have been voting religiously, but the ones I chose never won. Except one time. 

So, today, I'm going to create my own list of tiaras. It won't be exactly like Order of Splendor's, because I don't know which categories are yet to come, and it will feature a whole lot of diamonds. Because I love diamonds. They're so sparkly!

MY ULTIMATE TIARAS


10. The Laurel Wreath Tiara


As worn by Princess Mathilde of Belgium

9. The Poltimore Tiara


As worn by Princess Margaret of the United Kingdom (Shinier version here

8. The Diamond Bandeau Tiara


As worn by Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden 

7. The Diamond Foam Tiara


As worn by Princess Charlene of Monaco 

6. The Mellerio Pearl Tiara


As worn by Princess Letizia of Spain 

5. Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara


As worn by Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden 

4. The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara


As worn by Princess Diana of Wales 

3. The Modern Fringe Tiara


As worn by Princess Madeleine of Sweden 

2. The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara


As worn by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II

And, finally, at number one;

1. The Danish Ruby Parure Tiara


As worn by Crown Princess Mary of Denmark 

~

While compiling this list, I was sure that I wouldn't be able to limit myself to ten tiaras. And I was right. My list originally comprised of thirty-two tiaras, which I was able to bring down to twenty. And since I never really know what to do with this blog...

I'll be back with Tiaras : Part 2 next week!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment