Sunday, June 8, 2014

Princess Leonore's Baptism (Alternatively: Stop Talking About TFIOS!)

I don't know why I am typing this, because literally everyone in the whole world knows, but this weekend the movie adaptation of John Green's best selling and much acclaimed novel The Fault In Our Stars (TFIOS, or as I sometimes call it, The Fault) came into theaters in the USA. Across the month, it will release all over the rest of the world, and everyone will cry so much that the world will flood and we will all die and it won't even be because of global warming or a Mayan apocalypse or anything. Which is all fine, but please: STOP TALKING ABOUT TFIOS.


If you were ever looking for a sure fire way to get everyone to hate you, this is it: Vaguely insult the one book or movie which is taking all of the Internet by storm. But, contrary to what you might think, I do not hate the book or John Green. In fact, I quite like and respect John. He seems like a really nice guy, his family is awesome (I'm still waiting for that first sight of Alice Green) and I watch more of his videos on the Vlogbrothers' channel than Hank's, who tends to talk about science-y stuff that goes straight over my head. To condense, if I met John Green in person, I would fangirl, which is the second highest compliment that I am capable of paying.

I also don't hate TFIOS, but this excitement for it is Harry Potter level excitement. Nothing but actual Harry Potter deserves Harry Potter level excitement. And I know that John agrees with this, because when he had to chose between his own book and the Harry Potter series, he chose Harry Potter. Like I said, I have nothing but respect for John Green.

~

The more exciting thing, for me, because royal baby, this weekend was Princess Leonore's baptism. Princess Leonore is the daughter of Sweden's Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill, who are also celebrating their first wedding anniversary today. Leonore (Lilian Maria) was born earlier this year in New York, and baptised today at Drottningholm Palace (I may have spelt that wrong).



Also at the ceremony was Leonore's cousin, and one of my favourite royal babies, Princess Estelle. She's growing up really fast, and it's amazing to see, because I remember when she was born. I looked at pictures of her baptism online as well.

And speaking of royal babies and cousins, Prince George's cousin, Mia Grace Tindall, is a little bit older than Princess Leonore, and probably will be christened. Maybe she already has been, just in a private ceremony, but I would love to see at least one picture of Mia since that Hello! Magazine feature, and a christening seems like an appropriate situation. Not that I intend to compare royal christenings or royal babies. I love them all just the same.

That's a lie. I love Prince George the most.

N

Images: The Facebook page of Princess Madeleine of Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment