Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crack Ships, Thatz Not Okay, and Whether Fergie is a Daughter of Athena : Random Thoughts

Today's post will be slightly longer than any of my previous ones because I've had all week with nothing to do but write it.

A few days ago, I came across the term 'Crack Ships' on Tumblr. I Googled it, of course, and found that crack ships are like regular ships, only the two people in the pairing come from completely unrelated fandoms.

Now, I didn't discover the concept, because I already... crack shipped? I just realised that I'm not the only one doing something so stupid. And a learnt a very important lesson; being on the Internet is a good morale booster. No matter how stupid you are, you'll always find someone on YouTube or Tumblr who is even more so.

Currently, there are two crack ships in my Top 15.

7. Prince Harry and Taylor Swift



What would fans of Taylor Swift like better than an album about some ex-boyfriend of hers? An album about a royal ex-boyfriend. Because, really, it would be foolish to pretend that that relationship would last. And, on the off chance that it does, she would make a great Princess. Much better than Cressida Bonas.

Taylor Swift and Prince Harry are just the kind of people who would go out with each other. She's power hungry and looking to get the most famous and well connected boyfriend in all the land, and he seems to have a thing for tall blondes (in remembrance of his mother, perhaps) who are significantly, but not a whole lot, younger than him.

This ship may turn out to be not as ridiculous and impossible as I'd thought, though. Prince Harry is going to the United States of America soon, and Taylor, apparently, is desperate to meet the Prince, which means she will do anything in her power as multi-millionaire singer/songwriter to become a royal girlfriend.
Poor Ed Sheeran.

13. Louis Tomlinson and Jennifer Lawrence


It sometimes irks me when famous people have not-so-famous significant others. I start to wonder how they met and how the relationship began and whether it's all just a scam by the not-so-famous one to get their pictures in the papers every now and then.

Jennifer Lawrence and Louis Tomlinson are both at the top of their game right now. She just won an Oscar, and he's part of the biggest boy band in the world. Also, as is evident from the assortment of videos on YouTube, both of them are hilarious while doing interviews and the such. Just think what would happen if they were doing interviews about each other.

Jennifer broke up with her English boyfriend Nicholas Hoult some months ago, and (please don't hate me for saying this), but I don't like Louis' girlfriend Eleanor very much.

What I did discover this week was a weekly column in the Internet 'news and gossip sheet' The Gawker, called Thatz Not Okay. In it, Caity Weaver gives questionable advice to her readers who ask her whether their actions were okay or not okay. I found it after I read Weaver's article about the Duchess of Cambridge, loved it, and wanted to read more. So, I Googled her - Caity Weaver the Gawker- and found the advice column.

I read through all of them in one day. I haven't laughed so much since Maureen Johnson last updated Notes from a Neighbor. Which is further proof of my theory that while the English are better writers in general, Americans are better on the Interwebs. A theory which you did not know, until I mentioned it in passing just now. More on that next week, unless Queen Elizabeth dies.

Also, I saw this picture of Fergie, from the Black Eyed Peas, and her husband Josh Duhamel.


Is it just me, or do Josh and Fergie look exactly how Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase would grown up? (If they survive Tartarus, that is.) If it's not just me, does that mean Fergie is a daughter of Athena?
More like daughter of Apollo. Or Aphrodite.

More next week.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment