Sunday, February 23, 2014

Princess Not Named

I'd initially decided not to write today because I wasn't home for the greater part of the weekend and even now whenI am there are about five different things I should be doing. But Princess Madeleine had a baby. To paraphrase Suri Cruise, I have to cover that stuff.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and her husband Chris O'Neill had a daughter on the 20th of February. Congratulations!
[Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill fick en dotter den 20 februari. Grattis! That's all the Swedish I learnt from reading the birth announcements.]

The baby, as yet unnamed, is fourth in line to the Swedish throne, following her aunt Victoria, her cousin Estelle (who turned two today. Happy Birthday, Estelle!) her uncle Carl Philip and her mother Madeleine. She was born in New York, and this picture of her leaving the hospital with her parents is all the public has seen of her till now:


Ah, royal babies. The best kind of babies there are.

That being said, I do really have work to do, and so I'm not going to post a thing on this blog until Princess Claire (Luxembourg, I tweeted about it, you'd know if you follow me) has her baby.

I'm lying.

N

UPDATE: Leonore. Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland. It's a pretty name, but I now wonder how many times I'll confuse her with Infanta Leonor. Also, I must say, I prefer (Princess) Mia.

Speaking of, 


!!!!!!!!!! 
Isn't that awesome? Zara looks so pretty. And how cute is Mia Grace?

And while I love Prince George to bits, and he'll always be one of my favourite royal babies (Well, until he grows up, that is) I also do prefer Mia Tindall's first official picture to his. As I've said before about the Hunger Games movie, a good camera, in the hands of a photographer with skill, neither of which Michael Middleton had, can do wonders. Take note, William and Kate. And it doesn't hurt that Mia is awake and looking at the camera. Take note, George.

What a week in royal babies.

UPDATE: As predicted, Google searches for Princess Leonore still show up results about Infanta Leonor. Could be a while before they fix that. Maybe once more people know that Leonore's name is Leonore. 

And they released this picture of her!


This is the best week of my life, royally speaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment