Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Fancy Diary

I've never quite known how to start a blog. Do you write about yourself? About your reason for starting a blog? Do you ask the people reading it to tell all their friends? Do you ask them to comment? Do you ask them anything at all? I don't know. And so, I'm going to start blogging the way I start just about everything; by saying whatever I want, and using And inappropriately at the beginning of a sentence.

I once read that a blog without a focus is nothing but a fancy diary. Which is good, really, because I like fancy things and I like diaries. And I don't particularly care for things that have a focus. And that is all my blog is ever going to be. The periodic musings of an ever-so-slightly wierd person who loves royalty, romance novels, Luna Lovegood, vloggers, making lists, pretty things and starting sentences with And.



And here is a picture to keep you from getting bored.


Now, a fair warning. When I say I love royalty, I mean I really, super truly, absolutely LOVE royalty. I love reading about them and I love looking at pictures of them, and I love events where royals turn up by the busload, bringing all their shiny clothes and sparkly headgear out with them.


And here's another picture. Yes, that is the Duchess of Cambridge.

Infact, one of my main reasons for wanting to start a blog was so that I could have a fantastic post in Queen Elizabeth's honour when she dies (My other reason being that I spend a whole load of my time on the Internet. Also, I like writing about meaningless things. A blog seemed like a perfect way of combining the two, and so here we are).

But, until then, I'm afraid the only thing that I have to keep you entertained are my mindless ramblings and the occasional picture, courtesy of the Internet.

Until next week!

N




4 comments:

  1. Hi N! Im going to read all of your blog (im not sure why im announcing it like that but maybe it has something to do with appreciation). Unfortunately i couldnt follow it from the beginning but no worries, better late than never as they say:)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Nikita (I hope I have your name right). I have enjoyed reading your blog over the years and tonight I figured I'd go back and see what your original post was. You started with the exact questions I have about blogging!
    You have a great voice and I enjoy your royalty posts and many of your general posts. Best wishes, Kate (not the Duchess!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate!
      That is so kind of you to say, thank you so much! I can't think why you'd enjoy reading my blog, but this was just the encouragement I needed to pick up and start writing again.
      Do you have a blog? Let me know, I'd love to read it sometime.
      Lots of love,
      N

      Delete
    2. No, I don't but I have thought at times about starting one. Not sure what to write about though . . .
      Thanks for the offer of reading it though! :)

      Delete