Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Wedding Fit For A Queen

Everyone loves a wedding. I'm no exception to this, and I think that royal weddings are the best kind.

As a build up to Luxembourg's Prince Guillaume's October wedding to Countess Stephanie de Lannoy, The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor has been covering the top ten royal wedding dresses of all time. Readers were asked to choose their top ten in a poll, and the final list was created of their choices.

I didn't participate in this poll, for reasons that even I am unsure of, but after a lot of deliberation and consideration last night, I created my own list.

The Top Ten Royal Wedding Dresses Of All Time

10. Princess Caroline's wedding to Stefano Casiraghi


9. Princess Anne's wedding to Captain Mark Phillips


8. Claire Coomb's wedding to Prince Laurent of Belgium


7. Lady Helen Windsor's wedding to Timothy Taylor


6. Mette-Marit Tjessem Hoiby's wedding to Crown Prince Haakon of Norway


5. Grace Kelly's wedding to Prince Rainier III of Monaco



4. Crown Princess Victoria's wedding to Daniel Westling


3. Catherine Middleton's wedding to Prince William



2.Countess Matilde Borromeo's wedding to Antonius zu Furstenberg


Note : The Countess is technically not a royal, but may well be one. Besides, her dress is so fabulous, I thought I had to include it in the list.

And finally,

1. Charlene Wittstock's wedding to Prince Albert of Monaco


I'm sorry there could not be more writing, or indeed any writing, to accompany the pictures. This week was so hectic, that I didn't realise that it was Saturday and time to update my blog until today morning.

I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

N





1 comment:

  1. Loved to see the attractive wedding share. Went for my neighbor's traditional wedding at one of the high rated Chicago wedding venues last month. Decorations were matching with lights and fresh flowers created an attractive ambience. Yummy cuisines and drinks were ordered from reputed places.

    ReplyDelete